1. Sunday World reports, Isibaya actress, Zinhle Mabena Ngwenya allegedly drove under the influence of alcohol and which led to a in a head-on collision in Boksburg, leaving two people dead and one crippled for life.
The incident is a best-kept secret, which occurred in 2017 where Zinhle allegedly overtook five cars at once before a head on collision with a red corolla carrying three occupants. The case was reported to the police 10 days later and the Porsche was towed away by MF Autobody from Boksburg. One of the dead passengers’ family, based in Vosloorus is seeking legal justice for the death of their son via Afriforum.
2. Kwaito artist, Thebe is in hot water after a no-show for his performance at Fafatse Cafe in Maseru, Lesotho, on December 31, for which he was paid a R10 000 deposit.
The Groover’s Prayer hitmaker caused a lot of reputational damage for the organisers of the gig, Lasberry Entertainment, who had to pleaded with the sold-out crowd to be calm, as they hurled insults at them. The organisers have since taken Thebe to court after failing to #PayBackTheMoney!
3.The SABC has made schedule changes that will affect 7 De Laan and Muvhango. Both SABC 2 soapies will now broadcast on Monday to Wednesday while retaining the same timeslot
Muvhango’s Thursday and Friday slots will be taken over by South Africa’s first Xitsonga telenovela, : Land of Blood, which is returning for its second season! Giynani is produced by Tshedza Pictures and written by Phathutshedzo Makwarela and Gwydion Beynon.
Movies, What to watch:
1. Valedictory is one of the films to look out for in 2021! Directed by the highly acclaimed filmmaker, screenwriter, and producer, Jahmil X.T Qubeka; the film explores the story of four young people who are trying to find themselves.
Starring in the movie are: Niza Jay Ncoyini from the popular movie, Inxeba; Khayakazi Kula from The Queen Mzansi; Tumie Ngumla from the SABC 1’s reality competition, Class Act; and Awethu Hleli, who graduated top of her class (Acting) from UCT in 2014, with a Performers Diploma in Theatre and Performance.
2. Zikhona Bali stars alongside Aphiwe Mkefe in a film Lakutshon’ ilanga (When The Sun Sets). The short film is directed by Phumi Morare. It is set to have its World Premiere at the prestigious Clermont-Ferrand Film Festival in France on the African Perspectives Programme.
3. YoTv presenter, Thato Dithebe aka @PresidentThato (twitter) ventured into acting with his debut screen role on Black Tax, which first broadcasted on BET in January 2020 and became streamable on Showmax straight after its broadcast! He has now made his second appearance on a local movie called Manong, which aired on Saturday, 09 January 2021 on Mzansi Magic. It is such an inspiring story that your family can learn from.